- Chemical and petrochemical industries
- Machinery, plant and tank measurement
- Oil and gas industries
- Power and utilities
- Pulp and paper
- The sensor can be mounted into a thermowell or directly into a process with the use of a spring loaded or compression process fitting.
- The assembly can be supplied with or without a transmitter. Transmitters convert the millivolt input from the thermocouple to a linear analogue or digital output (commonly 4-20 mA). This signal reduces potential inaccuracies in the circuit and negates the requirement for thermocouple extension wire.
- The assembly has electrical approvals for explosion proof hazardous locations, ingress protection and general purpose areas.
- The thermocouple sensors available forthis assembly are provided with a varietyof sheath materials including austenitic 300 series and ferritic 400 series stainless steels, corrosion resistant and high temperature oxidation resistant alloys.
- Thermocouple diameters range from 0.063 inch to 0.250 inch and 1.5 mm. to 6 mm. Standard diameters are 0.125 inch & 0.250 inch and 6 mm.
- For applications that are exposed to outside weather conditions or where moisture is present, the flexible armour extension can be provided with a moisture-proof jacket of PTFE or PVC.
TC15 series thermocouples are remote mounted industrial assemblies supplied with or without a temperature transmitter. They are designed for applications where direct mounting is inaccessible, where there is excessive radiated or conducted heat, or applications where high vibrations exist.
An extensive range of elements, connection heads, insertion lengths and process connections can be individually selected for the appropriate application.
Replacement sensors can also be configured for this model. Thermocouples in this series can be inserted directly into a process or combined with a variety of thermowell designs.